A true visionary, Bert Decker launched Decker Communications in 1979 to transform people’s lives – and that mission remains the same today. Bert’s passion for communications evolved from his early career as a successful filmmaker. After turning the camera on himself, he became keenly aware of the power of video feedback and the need for communications coaching. Since then, Bert has become a nationally recognized communications expert, appearing on the NBC TODAY Show several times, commentator on Presidential Debates, and featured on ABC’s 20/20 and dozens of other print and broadcast media.
Bert is entrepreneurial to his core. In addition to speaking and writing, he is the founder of seven companies and organizations, Chairman of the Advisory Board of The Salvation Army, and fancies himself an early adopter of all things tech.
Bert raised his three children in the Decker Method and is now working on his grandchildren. He and his wife Dru Scott live in San Francisco
Bert Decker is a national communications expert, best selling author and entrepreneur, founding the 100 person communications training company Decker Communications, Inc. He has been featured in the NY Times, Business Week, 20/20, as well as being the communications commentator for the NBC TODAY Show for the Presidential Debates.
- Coach to Charles Schwab, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, former Mattel CEO’s John Ammerman and Jill Barrad, Olympians Bonnie Blair and Tom Dolan, SF 49er All-Pro Brent Jones, and dozens of other executives
- Founder of Decker Communications, Inc., the country’s leading publicly traded communications training company
- Consultant to Siemens, State Farm, and many others
- Professional Speaker and best selling author of “You’ve Got to Be Believed To Be Heard” and “Speaking With Bold Assurance”
- Co-producer of an Academy Award documentary
- Entrepreneur, founder of four companies, Chairman of Bold Assurance Ministries, NBC TODAY Show Communications Expert
• Founder and Chairman of Decker Communications, Inc., a leading communication training company for over 25 years.
• Coach to Charles Schwab, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Oakland A’s Manager Bob Geren, Olympian Bonnie Blair, SF 49er all pro Brent Jones, and dozens of other executives and leaders
• Consultant to Moody’s, Charles Schwab, Million Dollar Round Table, Accenture, State Farm, Knightsbridge and many others
• Communications Expert, appearing on the NBC TODAY Show several times, commentator on Presidential Debates, and featured on ABC’s 20/20 and dozens of other print and broadcast media
• Professional Speaker and Best Selling Author of “You’ve Got To Be Believed To Be Heard,” “Creating Messages That Motivate,” “Speaking With Bold Assurance” and other books and media
• Businessman and Entrepreneur, founder of seven companies and organizations, Founder of Bold Assurance Ministries, and Vice Chairman Advisory Board The Salvation
Army and others
• Co-producer of an Academy Award Documentary, the 20th Century Fox release, “Fillmore: The Last Days”
• Filmmaker of over 150 movies, commercials and documentaries
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Yale University
About Decker Communications, Inc.
An executive development company, Decker Communications, Inc. specializes in coaching executives and leaders. Over the past 25 years, the firm has continued to evolve and enhance its signature programs to help individuals create for their listeners
the most effective communications experience possible.