Kerry Patterson is a prolific writer who has coauthored numerous articles and award-winning training programs. Kerry taught at Brigham Young University’s Marriott School of Management and then cofounded Interact Performance Systems, where he worked for ten years as vice president of research and development. Kerry is coauthor of the New York Times bestsellers Influencer: The Power to Change Anything, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High and Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior. Kerry has completed doctoral work at Stanford University. He is a recipient of the Mentor of the Year Award and the 2004 William G. Dyer Distinguished Alumni Award from Brigham Young University.
Kerry Patterson is one of the cofounders and leaders of VitalSmarts, an innovator in corporate training and organizational performance that has taught more than two million people worldwide and worked with more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies.
Kerry Patterson is also Professor of Econometrics at the University of Reading. He was previously Economist and Consultant Senior Economic Adviser at the Bank of England.
Some of Kerry’s books include:
- Influencer: The Power to Change Anything
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
- Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Taking About Broken Promises, Violated Expectations and Bad Behavior
- Better Than Duct Tape: Dialogue Tools for Getting Results and Getting Along
- The Balancing Act: Mastering the Competing Demands of Leadership